This month our 'Sundays' will be on Saturdays! We'll be looking at economic justice issues, with some resources from People & Planet and Symon Hill's recent book, the upside down bible.
- Saturday 14th 11am: we met in Florence Park near the bandstand for a short outdoor worship liturgy to celebrate Pentecost. The Holy Spirit came like toungues of flame and the disciples spoke in many languages... We had blessings in many languages on strips of orange and red paper that we read out and used to bless each-other! We sung We are marching in the Light of God in Zulu, as was used at the end of Apartheid in South Africa - with harmonies too. After this we had a drink from the cafe while the kids had a play.
- Thursday 19th 7:30pm: community meal at Tracey & Rich's
- Saturday 28 May, 11 - 3ish, venue TBC, longer monthly gathering including community gossip, shared lunch, some thought provoking fun and a sprinkling of songs and prayer.
mayBe is made up of a couple of dozen people in and around Oxford reaching for community through sharing meals, prayers, thoughts, Eucharists and creative acts.
We have a monthly cycle of events, starting with a Soup and Soul lunch (Fridays) and including a couple of Sunday worship gatherings, and a community meal and faith discussion (Thurs eve). See what we do for deets and just drop us a line/call/tweet if you'd like to come along to anything. See our story for more on who we are and our ten year journey so far.
Recently we have been...
- Sunday 10th April. 11am. Little Sunday. Oatlands park off Botley road.
- Sunday 24th April. 11am. Big Sunday. Venue TBC.
- Thursday 28th April. 8pm. Communtiy meal at Tillly & Richard's.
To find out more about Christian Peacemaking, check out the charity called CHIPS.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 7:46pm
- Thursday 10th. Community meal at Tom and Abbie's.
We'll be talking about areas in our life where we have gone stale.
- Sunday 13th we went to the lambing at the Earth Trust.
- Saturday 19th 2pm: Rosa's Christening New LIFE!
Cowley St James Church. MayBe type service but with more friends. Then afternoon tea at Norham gardens till 5pm. Please say if you're okay to bring some food.
Sunday, March 6, 2016 - 8:51pm
Here's our pencilled in dates for Feb. Will update with details as soon as they're set. Please do get in touch if you'd like to come along.
- Friday 5 Feb TBC - Soup and Soul
- Sunday 14 Feb - BIG Sunday, venue TBC
- Thursday 25 February - Community meal, 8pm, chez John n Emma's
- Sunday 28 February, 8pm - Little Sunday at Bethlehem Chapel (venue TBC).
Monday, January 25, 2016 - 8:49pm
"What good is it to me If Mary gave birth To the Son of God, And I do not also give birth to him In my time and culture?" Meister Eckhart (1260-1327)
Monday, January 4, 2016 - 8:46pm
This month's theme is How did we get here? and we'll be looking at the history of those of us following "The Way" (as early Christians were called).
Friday, October 30, 2015 - 8:31pm