three GB discussions so far. Still lots of questions, but exciting to see potential shapes coming out; ideas finding a home in the structure. Oooh, don't look at this, it's out-of-date! Look at this instead! Here's the plan. Bits that need community members to take forward are »in bold«.
Throughout / venue
- Need decorations. Drapes again? ("Freedom" "Fear" "Micro" "Macro" "Eternal"...) »creative types step on up!«
- Need suitable sound track »got good tunes?«
- Projections: "still life in motion" »film the outside to bring it in« slow zoom on tiny candle? other pictures? »your ideas here!«
- Crowd voices sound-scape volume increases as more people come in, then shut it off suddenly to signal the start; relative stillness. »someone to record pub/cafe sounds«
- How to welcome people at the door?»ideas« Give people a hazelnut (in its shell -- you'll see why later)? Hand out sheets?
- Tell people what will happen, who we are (a community [from Oxford] exploring creative, simple, engaged playful living in the way of Christ).
- Introduce theme:
- stepping back [from the pace of fashion]
- stillness in the eternal moment
- smallness/held-ness; hope of moving from fear to freedom in this.
- »someone to write«
Call & response
- Use our Christ is coming - keeping the rhythm of our regular community life. »someone to adapt«
- »words on sheets? projections? both? Needs preparation«
WisdomRead by different community members around the room (microphones allowing). These are all about scale (vastness, depth, eternity...).
- Vastness: Psalm 8 (Message remix?) macro skies... micro self... Why does God bother with us tiny things? [yet God does].
- Eternity: John 1, 14-18 ish (eternal presence of God, “Before the world was created, the Word already existed”.)
- Depth: Julian of Norwich: In this vision he showed me a little thing, the size of a hazelnut, and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought "What may this be?" And it was generally answered thus: "It is all that is made." I marvelled how it might last, for it seemed it might suddenly have sunk into nothing because of its littleness. And I was answered in my understanding: "It lasts and ever shall, because God loves it."
- Community voice introduces. »fancy writing this?«
- Look at your hazelnut for 5 minutes a la Rach's improvisation with the clover leaves we did last Sunday?
- Use Lamb song "Small" (YouTube video)?
- Hear different voices expressing different feelings about being small? Freedom / fear? »would this work here? earlier?«
- Community voice encourages people to share their reflections with a person near them.
- Needs to be done right: not cringy, not difficult ("turn to the stranger next to you and tell them something really hard in your life..") - you know the sort of thing we normally do well fairly naturally. »could you do this?«
- Provides relief for people who like to share after all that reflection!
- Invite everyone to [optionally] move to put their hazelnut in some sort of pattern (a line? a snake? a circle? circles? use ribbon to mark out something?) »want to take this on?«
- symbolism: you are held; you have a place in God's eternity.
- visually nice.
- blessing »someone to write/find« »«
- invite people to find their nut and take it with! [fun]?
- keep in touch: cards with mayBe details on? »design/print them« (use moo.com?)
- website / twitter / email / phone nos on projections.
- community members clearly around to be chatted to. »make badges like Kate's last year?«
Tuesday, June 9, 2009 - 9:09pm