We're experimenting with a new rhythm following a community conversation in September. Months will now look like this:
- The first Monday of every month, Rich & Tracey will host a quiet evening prayer at their home in East Oxford, 8:30pm for about an hour.
- Every second Sunday we'll meet up all together somewhere, which could be a park, a cafe or someone's house. Tilly & Richard have offered to host every other month. We're hoping to invite people along to listen to their journey stories.
- The third Friday in the month, Sam is leading an evening liturgy followed by pub visit. We have booked Bethlehem Chapel (it's between Cowley and Iffley Road off St. Mary's rd - call ahead if you'd like to join us and we'll make sure you're met, it's hard to find!) and we'll move on to the Rusty Bicycle after.
- The fourth Sunday of the month is the go-to date for anyone who wants to lead something.
Also, Tom has set up a WhatsApp group and will be sending round little proverbial pearls each week. Sam has booked our annual get-away weekend for 1-3 December, and is also interested in leading some practical theology sessions after Christmas.
We're hoping to infuse "hope" as a theme, energy and practice.
- 21 September: We remembered International Day of Peace on 21 September, and met up on Peace Sunday on 24 September at Tilly, Richard and Isabell's and used some materials from the Fellowship of Reconciliation for our worship, play and discussions.
- Monday 2 October 8:30 - 9:30pm evening prayer, cuppa and compline at Tracey & Rich's.
- Sunday 15 October 10am meet at Florence Park Bandstand for short liturgy. Bring examples or reflections on hope.
- Friday 13 October 8-9pm Night prayer at Bethlehem Chapel followed by Rusty Bicycle pub.
- Monday 6 November 8:30 - 9:30pm evening prayer, cuppa and compline at Tracey & Rich's.
- Friday 10 November 8-9pm Night prayer at Bethlehem Chapel followed by Rusty Bicycle pub.
- Sunday 26 November 2:30pm - 5:30pmish. Play, tea, coffee and a liturgy followed by chat with Rev Andrew Bunch from St Giles/St Margs coming to speak to us along the theme of Hope. At Tilly & Richard's.
- Friday 1 - Sun 3 December Annual get away at Courthill Centre. This year joined by Rhythmicity for some drumming and percussion as worship sessions (should be fun – bring ear defenders for anyone very sensitive to noise) and Godly Play with Andrea along with the usual time outside, walk, campfire, creativity, evening chill-out, fun, food and mayhem!
- Monday 11 December 8:30 - 9:30pm evening prayer, cuppa and compline at Tracey & Rich's.
- Friday 15 December 8-9pm Night prayer at Bethlehem Chapel followed by Rusty Bicycle pub.