This month we're thinking about Jesus' appearances and making kites to remember his ascension - a mayBe tradition!
- Sat 13 May from 11am // kite making, shared lunch and worship liturgy at the Stricklands', followed by walk in Shotover with kites, weather permitting!
- Sat 20 May 11am // short outdoor liturgy in Bury Knowle park, followed by café.
- Thurs 25 May Ascension day // community meal at the Lotts*
*or somewhere else!
Looking ahead: June dates
- Sunday 4th - Pentecost Sunday - Cherwell centre on Norham Gardens 10.30am -3pm big Sunday with Lianne Smith helping us explore together... bring lunch to share.
- Thursday 15th community meal at Team Richards 8pm.
- Friday 23rd soup and soul - venue TBC
- 30 June - 2 July camping!
Hope to fix little Sunday and night prayer in June too.
mayBe is made up of a couple of dozen people in and around Oxford reaching for community through sharing meals, prayers, thoughts, Eucharists and creative acts.
We have a monthly cycle of events, starting with a Soup and Soul lunch (Fridays) and including a couple of Sunday worship gatherings, and a community meal and faith discussion (Thurs eve). See what we do for deets and just drop us a line/call/tweet if you'd like to come along to anything. See our story for more on who we are and our ten year journey so far.
Recently we have been...
We met on Good Friday at the Kidneys nature reserve in Oxford and as we walked we found spots to stop to read from the stations of the cross texts and do some singing. As an improvisation to engage with Jesus crucified we each took a flower to represent the beauty of Jesus the person and destroyed it. We dropped the petal remnants on the ground, and it fell in the dirt and some charcoal from a long-cold fire. Before we left we kneeled around it, like the women at the cross reaching up in sorrow.
Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 7:03am
Tom and Abbie are organising our times together during the next two months, here's the dates:
Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 9:03pm
The theme will be HABITUS - the idea of lived theology embodied in our habits. We will consider our existing habits, good and bad, and consider cultivating new habits collectively and individually. A sort of new year's resolution for the soul!
Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 4:12pm
Dates in December:
- Thurs 8th Dec - Les Robineau's house - community meal 8pm - Area Dean, Rev Tim Stead is joining us. He would like to catchup with us regarding the future and aspirations of mayBe.
- Sun 11th Dec - we joined in with St. James' Christingle
- Sun 18th Dec - afternoon walk, beverages and carols at Debs' and Ali's
Monday, December 5, 2016 - 10:29pm
This month we're looking at singing, music and rhythm.
Thursday, November 3, 2016 - 10:39am