We're not managing to meet much at the moment. But here's what we know:
- Sunday 28 Oct, we're meeting in Bicester - a first! Thanks Sophie and Rowan!
- Thursday 8 Nov night prayer gathering in Chalgrove at Sam n Dave's
- Sunday 11 Nov is 100 years since the armistice to end all wars... We plan to join the Quakers in silent witness on St. Giles before wondering up for a gathering at Norham Gardens.
- 30 Nov is our annual away together weekend
- Thurs 13 Dec night prayer gathering in Chalgrove at Sam n Dave's
mayBe is made up of a couple of dozen people in and around Oxford reaching for community through sharing meals, prayers, thoughts, Eucharists and creative acts.
We have a monthly cycle of gatherings for worship including a short outside meetings and indoor meetings with shared lunch and discussion, Thursday night prayer in Bethlehem Chapel followed by a natter at the pub, and other ad hoc events. See what we do for deets and just drop us a line/call/tweet if you'd like to come along to anything. See our story for more on who we are and our ten year journey so far.
Recently we have been...
Not much scheduled at the mo!
- 8-10 June Camping at Bridge House
- 21 June night prayer at Bethlehem chapel
- 12 July night prayer at Bethlehem chapel
Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 10:12pm
We're small and feeling it at the moment. We hope that the list below will grow and blossom with Spring's warmth, but here's the things we have planned so far...
15 Feb night prayer at Bethlehem chapel, All Saints Convent, St. Mary's Rd in East Ox.
Sunday 25 Feb, 10:30am - lunch. Get together for little worship then a bring n shared lunch and community convo.
25 March (Palm Sunday) indoor gathering at Tilly & Richard's
Sunday 4 March, meet for worship in Florence Park by bandstand.
Friday, February 9, 2018 - 8:39pm
We're experimenting with a new rhythm following a community conversation in September. Months will now look like this:
Friday, September 15, 2017 - 9:06am
This month we're thinking about Jesus' appearances and making kites to remember his ascension - a mayBe tradition!
Tuesday, May 9, 2017 - 7:59pm
We met on Good Friday at the Kidneys nature reserve in Oxford and as we walked we found spots to stop to read from the stations of the cross texts and do some singing. As an improvisation to engage with Jesus crucified we each took a flower to represent the beauty of Jesus the person and destroyed it. We dropped the petal remnants on the ground, and it fell in the dirt and some charcoal from a long-cold fire. Before we left we kneeled around it, like the women at the cross reaching up in sorrow.
Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 7:03am