The theme will be HABITUS - the idea of lived theology embodied in our habits. We will consider our existing habits, good and bad, and consider cultivating new habits collectively and individually. A sort of new year's resolution for the soul!
- Friday 6th January - Epiphany night prayer and pub - hoping to book Bethlehem Chapel 8pm
- Sunday 7th January walk, hot choc and croissants and welcome the new year worship - 10am Shotover
- Thursday 12th - community meal at Team Richards 8pm
- Sunday 15th - little Sunday - 10.30am Florence Park
- Friday 20th - soup and soul 12.30pm - can anyone in Oxford offer to host this?
- Sunday 29th - big Sunday 11am - 2.30pm - hoping to book Chalgrove church with communion after lunch
mayBe is made up of a couple of dozen people in and around Oxford reaching for community through sharing meals, prayers, thoughts, Eucharists and creative acts.
We have a monthly cycle of events, starting with a Soup and Soul lunch (Fridays) and including a couple of Sunday worship gatherings, and a community meal and faith discussion (Thurs eve). See what we do for deets and just drop us a line/call/tweet if you'd like to come along to anything. See our story for more on who we are and our ten year journey so far.
Recently we have been...
Dates in December:
- Thurs 8th Dec - Les Robineau's house - community meal 8pm - Area Dean, Rev Tim Stead is joining us. He would like to catchup with us regarding the future and aspirations of mayBe.
- Sun 11th Dec - we joined in with St. James' Christingle
- Sun 18th Dec - afternoon walk, beverages and carols at Debs' and Ali's
Monday, December 5, 2016 - 10:29pm
This month we're looking at singing, music and rhythm.
Thursday, November 3, 2016 - 10:39am
- Thursday 20 October: community evening meal with some spiritual nourishment too at Tilly and Richard's
- Thursday 27 October 1:30pm (in half term) some of us are planning to join with Dorchester Abbey's interactive all-age Narnia exhibition with craft activities, café and a walk (if weather's nice).
- Monday 7 November, community evening meal at the Lotts' with Ian Adams joining us.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 7:50pm
Welcome back after the long holidays!
- Sunday 11th @10.30 - Wee worship in Florence Park, meet at the bandstand.
- Thursday 22nd @ 8pm - Community meal at the Kentishs'
- Saturday 24th 10.30am - 1.30pm - Community gathering including lunch (venue tbc)
Sunday, September 4, 2016 - 10:15am
La famille Robineau are doing July. Our theme, "Solidarity" - in part thinking about standing side by side with affected peoples post referendum - but also thinking about great and moving acts of Solidarity past and present.
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 - 5:35pm