Tom and Abbie are organising our times together during the next two months, here's the dates:
- Sunday 5 February 10:30am - Meet at top end of South parks (near play park) for a short outdoor worship and play.
- Tues 28 February 5:45pm for an hour - Pancakes at the Stockers'
- Sunday 5 March 10:30am - Meet up at Florence park bandstand for short outdoor worship
- Thursday 9 March 8pm - mayBe community meal at Tom n Abbie's
- Saturday 18 March 10:30am - 2:30pm St James Church centre (needs confirmation, bring fillings for jacket spuds)
- Thursday 30 March 8pm - Evening liturgy at Bethlehem chapel or Wadham chapel (depending on availability)
mayBe is made up of a couple of dozen people in and around Oxford reaching for community through sharing meals, prayers, thoughts, Eucharists and creative acts.
We have a monthly cycle of events, starting with a Soup and Soul lunch (Fridays) and including a couple of Sunday worship gatherings, and a community meal and faith discussion (Thurs eve). See what we do for deets and just drop us a line/call/tweet if you'd like to come along to anything. See our story for more on who we are and our ten year journey so far.
Recently we have been...
The theme will be HABITUS - the idea of lived theology embodied in our habits. We will consider our existing habits, good and bad, and consider cultivating new habits collectively and individually. A sort of new year's resolution for the soul!
Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 4:12pm
Dates in December:
- Thurs 8th Dec - Les Robineau's house - community meal 8pm - Area Dean, Rev Tim Stead is joining us. He would like to catchup with us regarding the future and aspirations of mayBe.
- Sun 11th Dec - we joined in with St. James' Christingle
- Sun 18th Dec - afternoon walk, beverages and carols at Debs' and Ali's
Monday, December 5, 2016 - 10:29pm
This month we're looking at singing, music and rhythm.
Thursday, November 3, 2016 - 10:39am
- Thursday 20 October: community evening meal with some spiritual nourishment too at Tilly and Richard's
- Thursday 27 October 1:30pm (in half term) some of us are planning to join with Dorchester Abbey's interactive all-age Narnia exhibition with craft activities, café and a walk (if weather's nice).
- Monday 7 November, community evening meal at the Lotts' with Ian Adams joining us.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 7:50pm
Welcome back after the long holidays!
- Sunday 11th @10.30 - Wee worship in Florence Park, meet at the bandstand.
- Thursday 22nd @ 8pm - Community meal at the Kentishs'
- Saturday 24th 10.30am - 1.30pm - Community gathering including lunch (venue tbc)
Sunday, September 4, 2016 - 10:15am